Saturday, August 16, 2014

This week's challenges

From now on, I plan to post all my 
weekly challenges in one blog post. 

This first one is It's a String Thing #53, 
using string #54 by Hope Martin:
and any or all of the following tangles:
Hurray! by Agneta Landegren
Planateen by Sandra Strait   
and Onomato and Pokeleaf 
 by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts

and this is my response:
 I ended up using only Onomato and Pokeleaf. 
I started out using Onomato as the string line, expecting to fill the open spaces with the other tangles. Once I filled in the first area with Pokeleaf however, it just seemed natural to use it in the other spaces as well. And I'm quite happy with the results.

Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday, when she offers the new ones.
 ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````


This next one is for the Diva's Challenge #180. It's a UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge, and the tangle she wants us to use is MacDee by Anneke van Dam. You can see the step-outs here.
I chose to use it as a background, with Purk in the foreground:
 I'm happy with this one, too.

Be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; as I've said before, it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out 
one of the Challenges yourself.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I only did these two challenges this week; 
perhaps next week I'll have a chance to do more.

16 comments :

  1. These are both beautiful, Audrie. Purk is doing well on MacDee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annemarie. I really value your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely, I love the swirl and movement in your first and the variations of Perk in your second. Perk looks like an elegant little Egyptian beetle, very fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daniele. Purk does look a little like a beetle; I never would have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.

      Delete
  4. Both are great! Wonderful flow in your String-Thing tile! Also I like the contrast in the second one! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them, LonettA. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I do love your String Thing - you used two of my favourite tangles and it looks really lovely - bet it was great to do as well! And Purk is a perfect front piece for the Macdee background - excellent contrast. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The String Thing was great to do; it just zipped right along. And the Diva's Challenge also just fell into place.

      Delete
  6. Your String Thing challenge is so dynamic and fluid. I love it. Your Purk does look like jewelry and is beautiful against your MacDee. Love your work Audrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wonderful comment. I'm so glad you like my work.

      Delete
  7. your string thing with pokeleaf is great and I also like the purk and MacDee

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice! that MacDee really makes your purk stand out - MacDee is a nice background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice. I thought that MacDee would be a great background, and that seems to be the case.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.