Friday, February 27, 2015

SquareOne, Joey's Challenge, and It's a String Thing

First off, here's my tile for Square One: Purely Zentangle
Strircles, a tangle I'd never done before. 
It's definitely one I would do again.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Next up is my tile for Joey's Challenge #49: Stacking Blocks of Tangles: One block, on top of Two, on top of Three; each tangled with a different pattern:
This was similar to last week's challenge: 
tangle a group of circles; none overlapping.
They were both fun to do.
````````````````````````````````````````````````` 
 And here's It's a String Thing #81, using String #82, by Judy Palumbo
 
and CZT Lynn Mead's Fassett and Phroz

Once I got started on this tile, I discovered that even though Fassett and Phroz start out differently, in the end result, you can't tell which is which. At least on my tile you can't. And once I finished, when I checked Adele Bruno's site, I realized that she had used Fassett for a challenge once before, and I used a gray tile then as well. You may also notice that I squared off the string. I played around with  these tangles quite a bit, and every time the results were totally different.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````` 
Be sure to check out Square One, Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge, and It's a String Thing, to see the other entries, all of which are amazing. Perhaps you'll be inspired to try them yourself.

5 comments :

  1. I like your combination of tangles. great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the String Thing tile, Audrie. The grey paper is lovely, it makes the white so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the String Thing tile, Audrie. The grey paper is lovely, it makes the white so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your StringThing is lovely with the wite triangels inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.