Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spirals, Spirals Everywhere: Diva's Challenge #210, It's a String Thing #85

This seems to be the week for Spirals
First, the Diva challenged us to use a spiral 
as the string for our tiles, and this is what I came up with:

It sort of reminds me of a coiled snake.

I really enjoyed the spiral aspect of this challenge; so I found myself doing a bunch of spirals. This is one I especially like:
Be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out one of the Challenges yourself.
 ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Then, Adele Bruno, @ Tickled to Tangle, gave us this string for It's a String Thing:
 
along with
Mumsy by CZT Sandy Bartholomew
Printemps by Zentangle® co-founder Maria Thomas
and
Kelp by Nancy Domnauer

I started out by putting Mumsy in the center, 3 rows of Kelp along the string line, and Printemps sprinkled around the corners:
It did NOTHING for me. I never even attempted to shade it, because it just didn't seem like anything I wanted to show anyone. (Now that I see it up on my computer screen, I realize that it probably would have benefited from some shading) But in true Zentangle fashion, I am posting my first tile; but it's definitely NOT my last. 

After reading Adele Bruno's Tips for Tangling Mumsy, I started playing around with it, and couldn't stop; I was having too much fun. I finally came up with the idea of actually spiraling the petals along the string. Will I be the only one to think of that? Probably not; but 
 this is what I came up with:
I kept thinking I should find a way to add the other 2 tangles that are part of the challenge, because I like them both. But for a change, I decided to leave well enough alone and stop while I was ahead. At least I felt like it was DONE!

Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday afternoon, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday afternoon, when she offers the new ones.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
So that's it for my spirals this week, but I have a feeling that they'll be showing up here and there in the future.


6 comments :

  1. What fun pieces. I especially like the last one. Such a creative way to use that tangle, as a spiral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean. I really had fun with these tangles.

      Delete
  2. Nice spirals! You certainly did a thorough job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzy. I could have gone on with even more.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the last one, only wished I had done that for the String Things. Like you, my tile did nothing for me, but (also like you) I did send it to Adele because I always send the first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I Didn't send the first one to Adele. I sent the second one but I posted the first one on my blog.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.