Saturday, May 16, 2015

Back to White Space

This week I'm back to my minimalist tiles 
with lots of white space. 

First up is Joey's Weekly Tangle Challenge #60: Quandary
Take a look at joey’s site to see the other entries, 
and maybe try one yourself. 
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 Next is That String Thing #92

Use String #98 by Beth Snoderly
 
and any or all of these patterns:
ChocoBox  by Didier Gervy, Cayke by Rose Brown 
Butter by Danae Triantafyllopoulou
and Kandy Ribnz by Cheryl Wilson

Once I laid out Kandy Ribnz, I really loved the flow of it, 
and just couldn't see it improved by adding 
any of the other patterns. 
 So I laid it aside, and started over. 
This time I added a little Cayke to it:
I was going to add more, but decided to quit while I was ahead, (I have a tendency to overdo when left to my own devices).

Except for Cayke, or adding layers of Aura all around, which I decided against; I really couldn't come up with anything that I felt would enhance the tile. So there you have it: 
Kandy Ribnz with, or without Cayke

Be sure to check out all the entries @ Tickled to Tangle, on Monday afternoon, when Adele Bruno posts them. The vast differences that can be achieved using the same tangles on the same string are truly incredible. And, if you've a mind to try a String Thing yourself, check back on Tuesday afternoon, 
when she offers the new ones.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.