Sunday, November 8, 2015

Joey's Weekly Challenge #85, Diva's Challenge #242

Joey's challenge at this week is to do a Verdigogh monotangle. 
I've always liked Verdigogh; but somehow this challenge proved a bit challenging, shall we say. Using it as a monotangle was what threw me off. I kept wanting to use color, but it just never seemed quite right. I tried white on black, but even that didn't do it. So I finally settled on the traditional black on white. Then it seemed unfinished somehow. I knew it needed shading; but I wasn't sure how. This is my best effort. 
At least it doesn't seem so flat.
  Take a look at Joey’s site to see the other entries, and maybe try one yourself.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The Diva's Challenge is to use the new 
Official Tangle, Gourdgeous. I still haven't mastered it 
to my liking; but here is what I came up with:
I'm not completely happy with it; but I really wanted to submit something for this challenge. Especially since I've been a little behind posting my work. So, it is what it is.

Be sure to visit the Diva's site to see the other wonderful entries; it's amazing how different all the responses are. Maybe you'll be inspired to try out one of the Challenges yourself.\

7 comments :

  1. I like your Gourdeous and the composition of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is your Verdigogh monotangle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Gourdgeous, at least they are well formed gourds and they look well in a circle like that. Good work with verdigogh too, - shading, I always forget to shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gourdgeous can be a bit tricky, but yours is very well done. I like your Verdigough also. You might consider adding little berries or black pearls to it as an embellishment. I don't think that would take away from it being a monotangle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice placement of your Verdigoghs and the subtle border finishes it off beautifully!
    I haven't tried Gourdgeous, looks tricky!
    Love seeing your work each week Audrie!
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Verdigogh challenge and the shading is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting; please leave a comment, favorable or not. I'd love to hear your thoughts. That's how we learn and grow; and how we know someone out there is paying attention.

Have a wonderful day; see you all next time.